Thursday, November 12, 2015

Jayde is Half a year old!

Today, 6 months ago it was just a normal day. I went to grab lunch with Tiffany and during that lunch I got a call from our social worker. I didn't answer at first because we hadn't finished everything yet so I thought she was calling about our next step. Then she called again, I thought well I better answer in case it's an emergency. When I answered I couldn't believe what she had said. There was a baby that would most likely go to adoption and she needed a home. She then asked if we would be willing to take her in. Of course I said YES. Without even speaking to John, bad I know, but I was so overwhelmed with emotion. That day after John got off work we went to visit this baby. When we got there she was in the NICU and we had to scrub up for what felt like the longest 30 seconds of my life. I couldn't believe that in 30 seconds we would meet our possible future child. Once we walked back to where she was, we were so overcome with emotion. I was shaking and I couldn't believe what was happening. There she was, so small and so beautiful. She was in an incubator and we couldn't hold her that day so we just sat and observed this beautiful little girl. The next day when we went to the hospital we scrubbed up again and the nurse said "Ok she's back there feel free to pick her up" and sent us on our way. I was so confused I thought we'd have help getting her out cause we were so nervous. But as soon as we saw her she was crying and it was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. I picked her up and she instantly stopped crying. I was overwhelmed with love for this little girl I had just met. When I placed her in John's arms I couldn't stop smiling from ear to ear. I was so happy that finally after so long and so many ups and downs we were finally parents. That was 6 months ago. Here we are today with a gorgeous happy and healthy SIX month old! She's growing so much and learning something new everyday. It's still so surreal that I'm a mommy! We love being her parents, and were so happy to have her in our lives. She's so perfect for us, and we couldn't have dreamt up a more beautiful little girl! We look forward to the next six months and the rest of forever with our little Princess!



No comments:

Post a Comment