Saturday, November 14, 2015

A letter to my daughter's birth mom.

"A birthmother puts the needs of her child above the wants of her heart" Skye Hardwick

Dear Birthmom,

I honestly don't even know how to start this off besides saying thank you a million times. What you did was so courageous and shows me that you must've been a strong woman. I hope Jayde inherits that trait from you. Everyone who knows Jayde's story is sad for what you did, but I tell them "It is not by any means a sad thing. Her Birthmom loved her enough to give her a better life." I don't know what your circumstances were that caused you to choose this path, but I commend you for making this tough choice. I wish I could tell you how grateful I am for Jayde. You gave her to us. You kept her healthy, and I could never thank you enough for that. I promise that John and I will be the best parents we can be to her and I promise to always remind her that you loved her. I promise to help make her proud of who she is, and her story. I promise to love her as my own. I promise to never let a day go by without telling her I love her. Although we may not know who you are, I will forever have a connection with you. The greatest gift in our life was given to us by you. There is no way "Thank you" will ever be enough. So just know that Jayde will be given the best life possible, and she will be loved forever. You will always be in my heart, and I hope you think of us too. 

Sincerely,

One very happy mommy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment