Sunday, November 29, 2015

200 days.

"Her smile makes me smile. Her laugh is infectious. Her heart is pure and true. Above all I love that she is my daughter."



It has been 200 days since Jayde was born (201 today actually) and that means she's been in Foster Care for that long. Almost 7 months. We are one step closer to our adoption ceremony. Her adoption has been approved by the board of social services! (YAY!) So we have a couple steps left before making a final date! We are so beyond excited for that day! Although my husband won't be here for it, we can't wait til she's officially a Ward! We have waited over 4 years for this moment! When we start a family! I feel like the moment they officially announce her as ours I will be able to breathe again. Right now I feel as though I'm holding my breath waiting for something to happen even though I know she's ours. I just can't wait til it's legal on paper. I'm ready to move on to the next chapter in our life with Jayde. Planning her gotcha day party, planning for her daddy's homecoming, planning her first birthday party, my brother graduating then leaving for bootcamp, and so much more! I know a month or two may not seem like very long to you, but to me it seems like an eternity when I'm so ready for this all to be done and official! Jayde has stolen our hearts and I'm hoping and praying that she won't be our "foster child" for too much longer! To us she has and always will be our daughter, Jayde.  

No comments:

Post a Comment