Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Jane Doe

"We didn't give you the gift of life, Life gave us the gift of you" 



This post might be all over the place. I probably should've made it a two part post but that's ok. So here we go. When Jayde was born her Birthmom didn't give her a name. So legally, by law, her name is Jane Doe. I hate it. I hate that she is even associated with that name because at doctors appointments, our court hearings and just about everything else they call her Jane Doe. Now for some reason her social worker got give her a name to go by in the DSS system. So he picked Eva Grace. When we went to meet her, the Nurses asked us what we were going to name her and we told her we had a name picked out but we weren't sure if we would get to choose it or not. But we told them our name was Jayde. So the nurses started calling her that, and of course that made things more real for us. Now we couldn't come up with a middle name we liked, you'd think after 4 years of trying we would've had this set already but now with it being a real situation we wanted to make sure it felt right. So because our top name had always been Evalina Jayde we decided to go with it and just call her Jayde. Her social worker ended up asking us what we were planning on naming her and we told him. So technically Jayde has 3 unofficial names right now. This breaks my heart only because I'm so ready for her to be associated with Evalina Jayde and ONLY that. 

Part 2: 

Now the other day I was sitting with Tiffany (Tiff is my best friend here in VA) and we were talking about baby names  and their meanings. She just had her little girl and her name is Alamea Rose. Alamea means Precious. I loved the idea of knowing what her name meant! I had never looked up what Evalina meant before, so I did that day. And to my surprise, the meaning fit our journey so well. 


Evalina means Life. To me that is so special and so important. She has changed our life, and given us a new one. She has become the most important part of our life. Her Birthmom chose to give her life. So to me, that is just so fitting for our sweet girl. 

The moral of this post, is that John and I cannot wait til she is Officially and Legally Evalina Jayde Ward! That day will mark a new chapter for us, and I can't wait. 

No comments:

Post a Comment